Just making a post...

Well I'm sure some excitement has happened at home since the Spjut garden, between visits to Utah and Georgia to visit grandkids, Charlie Brown, Kylee's new school year, and another soccer season, but mom has yet to post anything about any of those events. So instead, I decided to fill all five of you that even look at this blog what I've been up to since leaving Kentucky...

After 2 long days of driving from Kentucky, we arrived in Utah where we were able to spend a few days with Brett's and Scott's family. Maxwell was blessed and we went to Kenecott to see the Copper Mine. We just spent a few days there, and then mom and dad went home and I drove up to school.


School has been great so far. It keeps me busy, but it's been good! Only one more semester after this one! I can't believe I've been out of high school for that long! This semster I am taking one easy math class and then 12 credits of marketing classes. The marketing has been very interesting and pretty fun too. Our client this semester is Wal-Mart office supplies. Through interviews, surveys, and statistics, we have been figuring out where different small businesses go for the office supply needs, and if it's not Wal-Mart, why not? It's been very interesting. We're still analyzing everything, so if you're interested, I'll let you know what the results are when we figure it out. Next semester I'll be doing the finance emphasis. We'll see how that goes.

I'm also playing soccer again. As of yesterday our team is 5-0. The games here don't end in a tie, and 3 of those 5 games have gone into over time and then a shoot out...been pretty intense! I've scored 5 goals so far. :) But it's fun to be on a winning team. We are ranked #1 going into the tournament this next weekend. So we'll see how that goes!

The ward is really good. We have a lot of fun and do a lot of activities so people are really getting to know each other. My calling is compassionate service committee member, so nothing too stressful. The roommate situation is mostly good. I'm living with Amy Smith again and then two of my roommates from last fall, Lisa and Christine. Then Ashley and Natalia were friends with Lisa from home. We all get along pretty well. As much as I love being here and love hanging out with my roommates, I'm looking forward to the day when I won't have roommates. I guess being home this summer made me forget how messy the kitchen can get when six girls live together! But no, it's mostly good. We have fun together and have fun with the guys in our ward. Only a 3 weeks till Thanksgiving, and then 3 weeks after that for Christmast break. Then my last semester of college...CRAZY!!!!!! :)

Ok, not sure why we took this picture considering none of us look that good, but here's my roommates...Ashley, Natalia, Lisa, me, Christine, Amy!


Haunted House with roommates and friends!!

No comments: